Nutricia Early Life Nutrition’s promise
Like you, we care about mums and their babies’ healthy development. The aim of Nutricia Early Life Nutrition is to help you in support of mums, so that they can give their babies the best possible nutritional start in life. That’s why we continue to pioneer research into infant nutrition and are committed to always:
- Respecting relevant regulations on the promotion of infant formula
- Supporting you in your aim to assist mums to continue to breastfeed
- Giving you information about all formula milks, not just our own where available
- Keeping access to our healthcare professional website secure, so that information about feeding is only available to healthcare professionals that wish to access it.
18.00 – 19.00
Registration and dinner
19.00 – 19.15
Chairpersons welcome – Sian Evans – Dietitian Cardiff and Vale
Emma Thomas – The importance of the first 1000 days
19.15 – 20.30
Glenn Gibson – ”The Developing Gut in Early Life, Prebiotics and the First 1000 days”
Glenn Gibson is Professor of Food Microbiology at the University of Reading.
His main research interest is human gut bacteriology, upon which he was co-instigator of the prebiotic concept for improved gut health. He sits on 5 advisory panels and is former President of International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics. He currently researches acute and chronic gut disease, autism, obesity and novel prebiotics. He is also carrying out specific projects on pro/prebiotics, the molecular genotyping of gut bacteria, H2S production, as well as gastroenteritis in sportspersons, metabolic syndrome, IBS, IBD, and gut flora development with age and colonic homeostasis.
20.30 – 21.00
Questions and close
Key Learning Objectives:
– The gut microbiome in health and disease
– What are probiotics?
– What are prebiotics?
– What are the health aspects for infants and adults?- Future perspectives
You are invited to attend a professional educational study evening and supper on:
Thursday 15th November 2018
The Village Hotel Langdon Road, Swansea SA1 8QY
If you would like to attend, please email:
Places are FREE but numbers are limited
Early response will be required to secure a place. Please only book places to this popular event if you know you will attend.