In the next in our series of ‘Future of Care’ events, we’ll guide health and care professionals through the latest developments and future opportunities to separate the fact from the fiction.
We’ll explore how robotic technologies and autonomous systems provide very real opportunities to change the way we deliver frontline services across all aspects of health and social care. This could be through physical assistive robotics technology supporting rehabilitation, independent living or improve patient ability and comfort, or social robots providing cognitive support and enabling social interaction for people who are living alone.
Can robotics really fulfil all these needs? What are the challenges of implementation? How will robotics impact the way staff work and the type of workforce we need? Do we need to consider the ethical and social issues surrounding the use of this technology? Come along to find out the answers and to pose your own questions.
Following the event, you’ll have the opportunity to tour the Bristol Robotics Laboratory at the University of the West of England. Places are limited so early booking is recommended.
- Robotics in social care: A connected care ecosystem for independent living, Praminda Caleb-Solly
- Safety of Physically assistive robotics, Sanja Dogramadzi
- Rehabilitatoin Robotics, Dr Manoj Sivan
- Ethical issues in the use of robotic and asistive technology, Marina Jirotka & Alan Winfield
- A scoping study on the emerging use of Artificial Intelligence & robotics in social care, Jim Thomas and Diane Buddery
To view the agenda for the day click here
This event is relevant to colleagues based in the West of England region.
This event is relevant to people in senior roles who want to explore the use of this technology within the NHS:
- Accountable Officers
- Chief Clinical Information Officer (CCIO)/ Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Senior Directors from across the West of England AHSN footprints (Director of Transformation, Director of Nursing etc)
- Facilities and Estate Managers
- Community Services Manager/ Case Worker/Team Manager