UKRI: Expression of interest: emergency route for time-critical COVID-19 research
Apply for funding to support short term time-sensitive collection of data or samples or rapid turn-around research or analysis to either:
- inform urgent policy or national decision making
- secure data for future research use.
This is a rarely awarded emergency route for exceptional circumstances.
Call open: 6th January 2021
No closing date
To apply you must be able to meet strict criteria, including, but not limited to:
- demonstrating the time-critical nature of the research or data/sample collection
- demonstrating a clear and rapid route to impact through existing partnerships
- showing how a normal grant timeframe is unsuitable
- justifying why you did not apply through any of the previously available UKRI COVID-19 funding schemes
- having a clear plan to take this research forward including, if necessary, using normal grant routes.
Support can be available for projects lasting 3 to 6 months.
Applicants must be based at research organisations eligible for UKRI funding. Business-led proposals are not eligible for this funding.
For more information and to apply please click here