Business Manager- Cardiff
Business Manager, Cardiff
c. £35,000 + benefits.
Fulcrum is a specialist business and marketing company providing a range of services to organisations in the life science and technology sectors. Our team is a unique combination of highly qualified scientists and marketers, with clients including academia, businesses at all stages of development, public sector bodies and charities – all at the cutting edge of scientific developments.
Fulcrum is planning to grow its business significantly over the next 5 years and is looking for a Business Manager to help deliver on the expansion plans. We are a young business and this is a fantastic opportunity for a life sciences graduate with a few years’ commercial experience to take their career to the next level and be part of a business transformation.
You will be a self-motivated person who is driven by success and can manage a young, developing team to deliver a comprehensive range of sales, business and marketing services. You will be growing the team, building existing accounts and securing new ones to enable a step change in the business.
This is your chance to make an impact and put your stamp on the company. The directors are flexible on how the expansion is achieved, open to ideas and will involve you in the strategic development of the business.
- Help to build Fulcrum through a period of planned growth, working with the Directors on strategy and leading the implementation to:
– develop new business with existing clients
– acquire new clients in established and new sectors.
- Produce and agree a growth plan with budgets and forecasts, taking responsibility for achieving against the plan and monitoring progress.
- Build and manage a small team to realise the planned growth, ensuring the company has the correct level of skills and providing direction and support.
- Operate assignments alone and as part of the team.
- Maintain expertise in the life sciences sector, including participation in events and networking.
- Minimum of a degree or equivalent in life / medical sciences or a related area.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a relevant role in the life sciences sector.
- Motivated by success and taking a lead in growing a company.
- Desire to work in a small business.
- Delivery of marketing agency services to multiple clients
- Team management.
- Strategy development.
- Around £35,000 a year, negotiable depending on experience.
- 33 days’ holiday including 8 bank holidays.
- Relocation assistance is possible.
The Directors are also interested in considering a results related element in the package, which could include equity.
To apply, please email your CV to Liz@fulcrumdirect.co.uk . Closing date is Tuesday 30th September 2014. If you would like an informal discussion first, please call Liz Knowles on 02920 647019.