Celebrate excellence in health and care across Wales – enter the NHS Wales Awards and win in 2019!
Have you made a change, big or small, that has transformed the experience and outcomes for people in Wales? The Awards are your opportunity to showcase your work – enter today.
Your ideas for change can make a difference to the people in your care, your organisation and the health and care system as a whole. By entering the Awards you can raise the profile of your work and be part of a national movement to share learning across Wales. The entries into the Awards have gone from strength to strength over the past eleven years and this year promises to truly inspirational!
The Awards are open to all NHS Wales staff including students. This year the categories have been revised to align with A Healthier Wales. The eight categories are:
- Delivering Higher Value Health And Care
- Delivering Person-Centred Services
- Empowering People To Co-Produce Their Care
- Enriching the Wellbeing, Capability and Engagement of the Health and Care Workforce
- Improving Health And Wellbeing
- Improving Patient Safety
- Providing Services In Partnership Across NHS Wales
- Working Seamlessly Across The Public And Third Sector
The Outstanding Contribution to Transforming Health and Care Award is also presented to the overall winner from the eight categories.
Dr Andrew Goodall, NHS Wales Director General of Health and Social Services and Chief Executive, said:“The Awards are an opportunity to celebrate the talent, commitment and ingenuity of staff who strive to improve outcomes for people using services in Wales.
“I would encourage everyone who works in the NHS to take advantage of this opportunity to share their hard work and success by submitting an entry into the NHS Wales Awards 2019.”
If you are selected to be a finalist, our judges will visit you to find out more and you will be invited to the prestigious Awards ceremony. Who knows….you could be one of the winners!
As a winner you’ll be offered continued support from the Awards team and have a platform to share your work locally, nationally and internationally so that we can help to transform health and care.
It’s easy to enter, just follow these five simple steps:
- Read the Information Guide for Authors at nhswalesawards.wales.nhs.uk;
- Choose the category which is right for your work;
- Download and complete the entry template ;
- Get Executive Director approval;
- Submit your entry before the closing date: 5.00pm 23 April 2019.
If you have any queries please contact Karen Field, NHS Wales Awards Manager on email Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org 029 2010 4355.