Finance Wales exceeds investment target to invest £19.8 million in first half of 2014-15
Finance Wales exceeded its investment target for the first half of 2014-15, investing £19.8 million in Wales and attracting £15.9 million additional investment to provide Welsh SMEs with a £35.7 million growth capital injection.
“The last financial year was a record year for the Finance Wales Group and I’m pleased Finance Wales’ investments in Wales are ahead of target this year. Finance Wales can now offer a broader range of tailored funding options thanks to the Welsh Government funds it has launched since 2012.”
Ian Johnson, Chairman
- £19.8 million invested – investment levels in Wales ahead of target.
- £15.9 million additional private investment leveraged.
- 1,263 jobs created and safeguarded and 4,698 in the last 18 months.
- 2 of Finance Wales’ most profitable exits/investment realisations achieved.
- 4 Welsh SMEs backed by the Wales Capital Growth Fund.
- Wales Technology Seed Fund launched.
- Responsible Business Strategy launched.
2013 – 14 annual review and half-year update
Read more about our record year in 2013 – 14 in our annual review. It also contains more about our half-year performance, economic impact and our future plans.
Visit www.financewales.co.uk to request a printed copy or if you would like more information about the Finance Wales Group.