Finance Wales’ investment levels up 63% in first 3 quarters of 2014 -15 financial year
Finance Wales’ investment levels rose by 63% to £31.2 million in the first 3 quarters of the 2014-15 financial year compared to £19.1 million in the same period in the last financial year.
These investments attracted additional investment totalling £22.2 million to provide Welsh small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) with a £53.4 million growth capital boost in the nine-month period.
Q1 – 3 highlights
- £31.2 million invested in 148 Welsh SMEs.
- £22.2 million additional investment leveraged.
- 2,067 jobs created or safeguarded – 97% of Finance Wales’ annual target.
- 3 Welsh SMEs backed by the Wales Technology Seed Fund.
- 5 Wales Capital Growth Fund investments completed.
- 9 projects backed by the Wales Property Development Fund.
- 4 exits achieved, including 2 of Finance Wales’ most profitable exits/investment realisations.
- MedaPhor listed on AIM and Q Chip was acquired by Midatech Pharma.
“Micro-businesses, start-ups and young technology ventures as well as more established businesses are all benefitting from Finance Wales’ investments. Our investments have a long-term impact on the Welsh economy and increasingly this can be seen in communities throughout Wales as these businesses expand, safeguard existing jobs and create new job opportunities.”
Ian Johnson, Chairman