Finance Wales: Technology Venture Investments
Technology venture investments
Flexible debt and equity packages for innovative technology businesses based in Wales
Investing in technology businesses
Finance Wales invest seed and growth capital in innovative technology businesses with the ambition and potential to become international market leaders. They’re proud to be a leading UK technology ventures investor. Since 2009 we have invested almost £28 million in 30 companies.
As a fund manager, Finance Wales can invest in innovative technology ventures already based in, or locating to Wales. They can invest from the Welsh Government’s Wales Technology Seed Fund as well as the European-backed Wales JEREMIE Fund.
From The Wales Technology Seed Fund they can:
- Structure equity investments from £50,000 to £150,000
- Support technology start-ups, university spin outs and IP rich companies move towards commercialisation
From the Wales JEREMIE Fund they can:
- Invest from £50,000 to £2 million
- Invest follow-on rounds up to £5 million
- Structure the most suitable debt and equity package for your business
Bringing new technology to market
The Finance Wales investment team has a breadth of sector and investment experience and understands the challenges faced by rapidly growing businesses.
They are a ‘hands on’ investor and work closely with portfolios, especially in strengthening management teams to ensure investment builds a stronger business.
The team have a keen exit focus and help develop exit strategies that give us the best chance of building shareholder value and achieving profitable returns (exits).
Finance Wales invest across a range of technology sectors including:
- Energy & environment
- Electronics & engineering
- ICT, software & services
- Life sciences
- Medical technology
Making the right introductions
Finance Wales have developed a network of co-investors including other institutional investors, business angels and high net worth individuals.
Their technology venture investment team has strong links with university research centres and access to additional business development support in Wales.
Applying for investment
Finance Wales invest in technology businesses:
- Based in Wales
- That relocate to Wales
To apply for investment you’ll need to demonstrate that your business has:
- Unique technology targeted at a growing market(s)
- Novel, robust intellectual property
- A deliverable commercialisation strategy
- An experienced and passionate management team
- A clear exit plan