Innovate UK: Biomedical Catalyst – Feasibility studies. Deadline 21/03/15
Round 8 of the Biomedical Catalyst competition.
This Technology Strategy Board and Medical Research Council programme offers funding to innovative small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) and researchers to develop solutions to healthcare challenges.
Registration for round 8 will close at noon on Wednesday, 18 March 2015, and the deadline for submissions will be noon on Wednesday, 21 March 2015.
This joint Innovate UK and Medical Research Council programme offers funding to innovative small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) and researchers looking to work either individually or in collaboration to develop solutions to healthcare challenges.
The Biomedical Catalyst will accept innovative ideas from any sector or discipline that demonstrate the potential to provide significant positive healthcare and economic impact.
Three categories of grant are available:
- Feasibility award
- Early-stage and late-stage award
Any UK business (who is an SME) or researcher undertaking research and development, either individually or in collaboration, may apply; applications are accepted on a rolling basis for assessment by independent experts.
This grant enables the exploration and evaluation of the commercial potential of an early-stage scientific idea, through:
- Review of research evidence and identification of application
- Assessment of business opportunity
- Investigation of intellectual property position
- Experimental studies to validate initial concepts or existing pre-clinical work
- Scoping for further development.
- Duration – up to 12 months
- The maximum project size is £200k
- Funding proportion – up to 70% of total eligible project costs
- Confidence in Concept Awards will be made available to researchers in major universities