Invent – Proof of Concept Scheme – Deadline 11th September
The National Institute for Social Care and Health Research (NISCHR) “Invent” scheme is now open.
Invent awards will provide full funding of up to £30K per project to support innovation within the NHS and Local Authority Social Services Departments in Wales. The fund is designed to assist the development of technologies that have the potential to benefit patients and service users.
The scheme is open to applications from all employees in either the NHS or Local Authority Social Services Departments.
Successful projects will be subject to rigorous project management criteria and must meet well-defined outcomes and objectives based on their viability and potential.
The main criteria are:
- Applicants must be employed by a Local Health Board or Trust or Local Authority Social Services Department in Wales.
- Applicants must be in a position to commence activities by 1 November 2012.
- Applications must have the support of the Research and Development office in their Local Health Board or Trust or Local Authority Social Services Department.
- Eligible innovations are technologies that are capable of use in the NHS or Local Authority Social Services Departments and in which the intellectual property might typically be protected (e.g. by patents, copyright or design rights).
Ideas will be assessed against four main criteria:
- Originality and viability
- Ability to meet an unmet clinical or care need
- Market Impact
- Project plan and costings