January 2013 Job Opportunities
Job reference: 633BR
Job Category: Information Technology
Career Pathway: Managerial, Professional and Specialist Staff – MPSS
School / Directorate: INSRV – Information Services
Advert In order for High Performance Computing Wales (HPC Wales) to establish and maintain a market position as one of the most progressive and innovative HPC facilities in the UK, the establishment of an effective training, skills and outreach agenda is vital to success and the delivery of the project’s ambitious targets.
HPC Wales is looking for individuals who can work independently and as part of a pan Wales team, capable of working directly with business, academics and with a wide range of stakeholders and partners.
The purpose of the post is to drive engagement and contribute to the delivery across the HPC Wales network, developing and linking industrial and academic user communities. The Training and Outreach Mentor will assist enterprises, identifying and realising opportunities for innovation and skills development and work in support of the technical services offered by HPC Wales. This is an outward facing and development role where working directly with users and potential users to develop their knowledge and skills will be important to the success of the project and its longer term sustainability.
Training will be available to the successful applicant to enhance technical knowledge as required.
For an informal discussion please contact John Walsh (HPC Wales) 01248 675 094 / 07725 546 038
This is a full time position of 35 hours per week, fixed-term until 31 May 2015.
Salary: £30,122 – £35,938 per annum (Grade 6).
Closing date: Friday, 18 January 2013
Job number: 1660510
We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated professional to support the R&D Leader for the Bio-Research Tools area. As a key member of the R&D Leadership Team you will be accountable for the development, tracking and management of the technical roadmap the Bio-Research Tools business.
You will have:
- Deep domain technical knowledge in the life science research area, ideally with some experience in technology translation into the Diagnostic environment.
- Established and meaningful networks with relevant academia, industry and customers.
- Be forward thinking, and pragmatic, able to translate long term scientific vision and innovation into material business value.
This is a key leadership role within the R&D team, and the focal point for technology & research strategy development and management in the realisation of the Bio-Research Tools business Growth Playbook aspirations.
- Translate technical and product GPB roadmap into executable technology portfolio via Session T, marketing blueprint development and S2 planning. (with Commercial).
- Identify and develop key strategic relationships and collaborations with external bodies and key opinion leaders in support of our technology roadmap development.
- Coordinate, manage and track performance of all key external collaborations, ensuring high levels of delivery vs planned outcomes.
- Development and overall management, in conjunction with technology leaders the relationship with GRC.
- Stakeholder management, coordinating, influencing and motivating the wider functional organisation in developing and realising intellectual and technical future.
- In conjunction with the R&D Leader, Bio-Research Tools, identify and support the long term scientific talent/skill requirements and development needs of the R&D organisation.
- Coordinate and manage all Bio-Research Tools R&D compliance requirements with LS Research Manager (RMP, external collaboration, ITC tracking etc), uncompromising delivery of our compliance responsibilities.