Job Opportunity – Scientist at Cytiva
Duration: 12 months – temp to perm opportunity
Cytiva are developing our capabilities in Assay Tool technologies for several areas of the business with a focus in Customised Genomics workflow products (particularly our SeraMag bead and Lyo-Stable (lyophilisation) products). We are looking to engage the appropriate expertise to contribute to the technical requirements in this product area.
The successful candidate will be involved in the design, development, characterization and the transition of projects from research to development and manufacture (and product launch). You will have experience in and actively participate in all aspects of a development process and play a role, capable of lone working, but also able to work within cross-functional teams. Located at the Cardiff site you will report to the Custom Services Leader. Responsibilities will include:
- Biomolecular conjugation and chemical modification design, specification, characterisation, and analysis for use (primarily) in customer assay applications. Designing and completing appropriate test and characterization procedures.
- Plan and design experiments to test conjugation methodologies and ensure the methods are appropriate for scales up manufacture
- Working with cross functional teams to develop Process Validation and design transfer protocols and participate in manufacturing transfer, efficiency, and reliability.
- Interacting with customers in procedures involving demonstration and technical support.
- Addressing regulatory issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured or distributed to meet required standards.
- Working with cross functional teams across the Genomics and Cellular Research businesses to support project plans and ensure adherence to schedules and project deadlines.
We are looking for candidates with 1-3 years productive and broad assay experience, preferably with BSc or equivalent, relating to development of conjugated biomolecules; chemical modification of biomolecules, molecular, immuno or other biological assay application. Experience of working within a large-scale industrial environment would be beneficial.