Job Vacancy: Alesi Surgical are seeking to appoint a Research and Development Engineer
Job Vacancy: Research and Development Engineer
Appointment Type: Permanent
Start date: October 2015
Alesi Surgical (Cardiff, UK) is seeking to appoint a Research and Development Engineer. The successful candidate will work on the company’s award-winning Ultravision system for minimally invasive surgery and carry out research and development activities leading to new surgical products.
Salary: Competitive based on qualifications plus benefits.
Qualifications and Experience – Essential
- University-level qualification in engineering or a related technical field, preferably to class 2:1 or above from a leading institution
- Understanding of the basic requirement of medical device development including those of minimally-invasive surgery
- Excellent technical communication skills
Qualifications and Experience – Desirable
- Graduate qualification in engineering or a related field
- Understanding of regulated medical device development techniques
- Mechanical and/or product design skills including CAD
- Electrostatics – theory and practical development experience
- High voltage system design and test skills
How to Apply
Candidates must have freedom to work in UK. No agency applications will be considered. Send CV and covering letter, including the names of two referees to Peter Bannister
About Alesi Surgical
Alesi Surgical Ltd. (formerly Asalus Medical Instruments Ltd.) was established in 2009 to commercialise the inventions arising from the Welsh Institute of Minimal Access Therapy (WIMAT), the premier UK centre for training of laparoscopic and other surgical disciplines. The company’s vision is to become a world leader in the development of new devices for advanced minimal access surgery following the launch of Ultravision, a revolutionary system for laparoscopic smoke clearing which is now distributed in over 30 countries worldwide and was awarded the Royal College of Surgeon’s Culters’ Prize in 2014.