Job Vacancy – Eakin Surgical – Contract Manufacturing Manager
Closing Date: 07 May 2021
Eakin Surgical is targeting significant expansion of its fledgling Contract Manufacturing activities and as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Contract Manufacturing Manager (CMM) for Eakin Surgical Ltd is key to this growth. You will be responsible for managing and growing the UK based medical contract manufacturing and sterilisation sales activities, working closely with the operations teams to ensure we are leveraging our core skills. The primary function of the role is to maintain and grow existing relationships, plus identify and convert new business opportunities. This is an international role but with a strong emphasis on being active in the appropriate local medical device sector.
Responsibilities include sales budgeting and forecasting, setting, and achieving strategic goals in line with the business objectives.
The role will involve working closely with clients to ensure Eakin Surgical deliver in a timely fashion to their needs. Working closely with the team to ensure we have the capacity and capability to deliver.
- Commercialisation of Contract Manufacturing
- Work with Operations to deliver against commercial opportunities associated with the operational capabilities of Eakin Surgical, Ethylene Oxide (EtO), Packing and sub-contract manufacturing capabilities.
- Create and maintain clear commercial positioning of the Eakin surgical contract manufacturing offering.
- Engage directly with new and existing clients, enablers such as universities and trade associations and supply partners
- You will be the face of Eakin at relevant conferences and exhibitions
- Deliver a strategy in line with company objectives to establish a dedicated CDMO function within Eakin Surgical.
- The CMM must work internally – to foster constructive working relationships across all departments – and externally – to drive the relevance of the company within the medical device sector
- Set, strategic plans to support specific company objectives such as sales growth, new manufacturing techniques, service offerings relevant to the target market.
- Identify opportunities for development of the company and brand outside of the existing model
- Set and convert sales budget in line with business targets
- Create and submit manufacturing proposals to clients
- International travel will be expected as part of this role in particular with trade missions