March’s Expert Advice- Broomfield & Alexander
Research & Development (R&D) tax relief: do you qualify?
If you can answer yes or maybe to any of the questions below, your company could be carrying out qualifying R&D activities, and you could be claiming tax relief on them:
- Are you developing new or improved products?
- Are you seeking efficiencies by developing your processes?
- Have you had to overcome technical issues to find a solution?
- Are you combining systems, products or materials in a new or alternative way?
- When you start work on a new product or process is there uncertainty re: the technical aspects?
- Have you or your products been nominated for, or won, industry awards?
- Do you have high profile clients who come to you for your specialist knowledge?
- Are contracts commercially secretive or covered by non-disclosure?
- Do other companies ask you to help them in carrying out development or design?
- Have you filed any patents?
If you can answer yes or maybe to any of these questions you may be carrying out activities that qualify for R&D relief.
For a review of your processes and assistance in preparing and maximising your claim please contact our in-house R&D specialist, Denise Roberts on email@example.com or by phone on 02920 549939.