MediWales job opportunity: Marketing and Communications Executive
Marketing and Communications Executive
Start date – September 2016 / immediately
Location – Central Cardiff
Salary – Competitive DOE
Hours – Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Holidays – 21 days plus bank holidays
Reports to – Operations Manager
This role combines writing, marketing and business engagement across the life science, technology, and engineering sectors.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent writing abilities and commercial awareness, alongside networking skills and the ability to engage with professionals at all levels of seniority.
Combining writing and editing articles about innovative technology for publications, digital and social media marketing, and engagement with key contacts to support the smooth running of a network, this is a rare and exciting opportunity.
The role also includes the possibility of national and international travel to exhibitions and tradeshows and the chance to work closely with our events team to deliver large conferences and awards evenings.
The right candidate will be given the responsibility of some really exciting projects at a lovely office in the centre of Cardiff alongside a friendly and hardworking team. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven graduate with up to 2 years experience who is ready for a new challenge.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Excellent content creation and copywriting skills
- A good eye for detail with experience of editing and proofreading
- Able to write about complex subject matter in clear terms
- Digital marketing and social media marketing experience
- Commercially aware with sales experience
- Personable and confident networker with business development skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills and comfortable on the phone
- Quick learner with good IT skills
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent research capability
- Experience of arranging conferences and events
- Experience working within science, technology or engineering sector
- Interest in life sciences
- Experience using CRM database
- Experience of using CMS to add content to websites
- Able to create mail-out campaigns using Mailchimp
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Full driving license with own transport
About the company
MediWales is the life science network for Wales, representing the needs of businesses and academic and clinical departments in the life sciences sector.
Established over 24 years ago, and owned and run by its 180 members, MediWales engages with academia, health providers and businesses in order to convey the needs of the sector to government, to lower barriers to communication, and to create genuine commercial and collaborative opportunities.
MediWales achieves these objectives by:
- Organising networking events and 250-300 delegate conferences
- Providing a high profile Annual Innovation Awards Ceremony
- Creating widely distributed publications
- Consistently providing a sophisticated package of online resources – website, social media, online magazines
- Providing high level representation on influential boards and panels
- Giving one-to-one company assistance, signposting and advice to members and stakeholders
How to apply
Please send a CV, covering letter and example of written work (article, press release, page from essay) to email@example.com. For an informal discussion, call Tess on 02920 473 456.