MediWales Job Opportunity: Marketing & Events Assistant
MediWales is hiring an enthusiastic Marketing & Events Assistant to help support our events and communications activity.
Job title: Marketing & Events Assistant
Place of work: Cardiff
Salary: Competitive DOE
Hours: Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm
MediWales if the life science network for Wales, a not-for-profit, independent company that creates business opportunities and partnerships for our members.
We support 180 members from the life science sector including medical technology, diagnostic and pharmaceutical companies, NHS health boards, university departments and professional services and suppliers.
MediWales achieves their objectives by:
- Organising networking events and conferences
- Providing a high profile Annual Innovation Awards Ceremony
- Creating widely distributed publications
- Consistently providing a sophisticated package of online resources – website, social media, online magazines, mail outs
- Providing high level representation on influential boards and panels
- Giving one-to-one company assistance, signposting and advice to members and stakeholders
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to support the events and communications activity of MediWales.
The right candidate will be given the responsibility of some really exciting projects at a lovely office in the centre of Cardiff, alongside a friendly and hardworking team. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven graduate or recent graduate who is ready for a new challenge.
The role combines marketing, business development, relationship building and event delivery to assist our schedule of activities. Working within a small team, the candidate must be willing to get involved with any project and take on a variety of tasks.
A technical knowledge of life science is not necessary, the role will be focused on relationship building and assisting the activities of the network.
- Help organise a series of events including large conferences
- Assist with the day to day communications with MediWales’ network members, providing available information effectively and efficiently, directing new information requests to the correct team member
- Attend external events and networking, representing MediWales
- Develop relationships with current and future members
- Help maintain and develop social media and web presence
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject including – Business Management, Life Sciences, English, Media Studies
- Experience in customer service or a public facing role
- Strong all-round communication skills and comfortable on the phone
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong written communication
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet competing deadlines
- Experience using and editing websites
- Interest and knowledge of life science in Wales
- Experience of arranging conferences and events
- Ability to summarise complex subject matter in clear terms
- Full driving license with own transport
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.